Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sick (of) and Election

I have been ignoring this blog for almost a month now, for some reasons, well, most of it is I am uber busy with work, I got sick for 2-3 weeks and my means of transpo, mainly, during my absence here, is the colorum van. Yes, I know, it's quite a shame for someone who created a jeepney blog to not ride and patronize what I am supposed to be blogging for. Pardon me, I just want the comforts of riding in an A/Cd vehicle during those times that I was sick. But now, I am feeling better than before. I am slowly getting back to my usual routine. I even gave up hitting the gym for two weeks because of my being sick. (But my boss and officemates says otherwise. They are claiming that I got sick because the sauna at the gym was under preventive maintenance for three weeks and that was the same week that I got sick. In short, I got sick because I wasn't able to have my regular sauna time 3-4 times a week. In a shorter term, I am addicted to sauna). I'm over that now. Back to regular programing. 

Earlier today, we, my aunt, cousins and I, left the house at 5 AM (we did not rode the jeepney, sorry), just to be in Manila by 7 AM, to vote. We were able to cast our votes but only after 3 hours of impatiently waiting. Yes, we are all impatiently waiting, almost 100 of us, excluding those who are waiting outside the 'waiting room', waiting for our turn to vote, but even though we are as impatient as a 5-year old kid, we wanted to be a part of history (if you may call it one). We wanted to make our voices (or votes, for that matter) to be heard and we wanted to prove to some that we are participating and starting the change, even if that means I have to half-drag my other cousin to the precint where we're supposed to vote.

I had never seen as many people as I had earlier (only during elections). I have to assist both my cousins (same precint as I am) and my sister (another barangay/precint) because it was their first time to vote. I was telling them not to give up on falling in line, on impatienly waiting and most of all, to not give up their right to vote. Because if you do it's as if you're saying you're okay with whatever happens from thereon. I was 19 when I first voted. It was a National election. I don't even have my mom with me then to assist me, I literally have no one to ask then still I voted, still I made myself heard. There's this feeling of satisfaction every after I vote. It's as if I made my father proud of who I've become. It's as if I have a 'say' on what's happening around me. It's a feeling of being whole, of being a real and responsible citizen. AND I AM LOVING IT. I want my sibs, my cousins, the younger gens, to be as aware as I am, not in all aspects though, but in what I think can help them when they do get out of their sheltered homes/schools/universities. When they do get out and learn the know-hows of surviving in a 'crooked' country like ours. Be aware of the issues, politics and environment. Or let's just say that I want them to BE AWARE, period.

As the day ends and the counting of votes are slowly ending, we will know who the next leaders are in a day or two, thanks to the 'ever reliable' PCOS machine that we RENTED for millions and millions of pesos. I just wish that the new leaders can really help our country and it people so that by 2013 election, we don't have to RENT because we already have our own PCOS machines and the ratio would no longer be 1 PCOS : 1,000 voters. And by that time, we are slowly crawling our way out of our debts. 

And just like what I posted in my Plurk, we all voted for who we believed in, if the results doesn't appear to be on your side, let's just hope and pray that everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment