Monday, March 22, 2010

So Much For A Wednesday Night, Bad Guy(s)


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I was on my way home, not that late in the evening, almost 10 PM since I came from the gym and attended the dance class, I was on my 2nd to the last jeepney ride going home and was a town away when this drunk-looking guy rode with us and sat two seats away from me. Seems like he was drunk, he doesnt smell like it though. He was, I guess, the most strange person on that ride. He was looking at everybody. From those that are seated across him to us who are seated in his row. And there was this lady wearing a little black dress, from what I can see. 

The drunk-looking guy was looking at her as if he was undressing her. He kept on looking at her, staring like he won't stare at anybody else after that. What bothers me most is almost all of us, I guess, are lokking at the drunk-looking guy and looking at where his gaze at. Then someone flagged the jeep to stop. We're like 13 - 15 passengers and 11 alighted the jeep. Whoa. I, with this drunk-looking, half maniac guy, was left with me, another girl and a man who I think is not even concerned with how this guy looked. I was praying very hard that this is not a bad guy, when I say bad, someone who is a hold-up-er, or someone who will do bad to us aside from staring at us in a weird manner. Well, it's not bad to be scared sometimes but this experience is a bit scary. 

I experienced being in a same jeep with someone who is in the act of slashing someone else's bag; someone who is choosing his supposed to be victim; someone, the bad guy, who was angry because another passenger saw him and called the attention of the would-be-victim before the bad guy was able to get the poor would-be-victim's wallet or purse in her bag; a man who followed another man who he attempted to get the wallet from the man's back pocket. This one is different. He is the most odd-looking I'm-not-sure-if-he's-drunk bad guy that I've ever been in the same jeepney with. 

I am not stating that riding a PUJ is all bad experience, its just that I often ride with the most odd passengers every PUJ and route there is. Isn't it a bad sign? I am laughing my *toot* off as I am writing this because I was thinking of all those times that I was with these people who are attempting to do bad to other passengers who are all clueless. I still consider myself lucky that when it was my time, when someone was trying to slash my bag, I noticed him first before anyone did and get off the jeepney in a well-lighted place and transfer to another jeepney.

I admit that I often doze off to la-la-land when I'm in a jeepney, but its always after I take a good look at all the passengers I'm with and see that none of them looks doubtful. Maybe I am too trustful, believing I can see in their eyes if they'd do bad or they just look bad. I don't want to take that belief in me. experiences like this is not new to me and this doesn't happen to just me. There are a lot of people in this world who commutes daily that experiences the same things that I had but it's up to us to take care and be in charge.

So much for a Wednesday night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment